Monday, July 10, 2006

Commentary on Design

"2. 95 percent of any creative profession is shit work.
Only 5 percent is actually, in some simplistic way, fun. In school that is what you focus on; it is 100 percent fun. Tick-tock. In real life, most of the time there is paper work, drafting boring stuff, fact-checking, negotiating, selling, collecting money, paying taxes, and so forth. If you don’t learn to love the boring, aggravating, and stupid parts of your profession and perform them with diligence and care, you will never succeed."


This is a pretty interesting article. It can be applied to almost any profession that doesn't concern impending loss of life (and in some cases it's still applicable). But for now we'll stick to art and design: Michael McDonough’s Top Ten Things They Never Taught Me in Design School

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger HBS_Media said...

I feel ya dawg. If it wasn't for the fact that I love to design and concept for my own future endeavors. I would just shoot my self in the head from the borning design shit i do at my job. The money is cool but some mornings I rather be on the cut slanging snowman (ya get it...get it Jeezy tha snowman!!!) then design the stuff at my job. Which they change to make worser(Excuse sir, did anyone order some crap dela crap!!!)...anyway blah, blah, blah...S.O.S. Love the blog and you know the work. Be easy!!! And don't forget that link add on!!! www.hbsmedia.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home